Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ella Enchanted (sample review)


Ella Enchanted
Written by: Gail Carson Levine
Reviewed by: Ms. Randazzo

This book is about a girl named Ella who lives during the medieval times. When Ella was just a baby, a fairy named Lucinda cast a spell on her to make Ella grow up to be obedient to her parents. The spell is that if someone gives her an order she has to do whatever they tell her, no matter what it is. But Ella’s spell is more of a curse and when meets a handsome prince, named Prince Charmont, she realizes that her spell might hurt him, so she is determined to find a way to break it. The book tells all about her adventures trying to find a way to get rid of the spell. If you want to know if she succeeds, you should definitely read this book.

I chose this novel because Cinderella is one of my favorite stories and I wanted to read a different version of it. I think if you like fantasy that this book would be good for you. This is an excellent book because it puts a new twist on the old Cinderella tale everyone knows. The beginning could have been more exciting but once you get into the book it is really hard to put down.



1 comment:

Cassandra said...

I think this review is very accurate and interesting. It made me want to read the book because I love fantasy stories and Cinderella is one of my favorite fairy tales. I am very glad that I read this book because I liked it a lot and will probably read it again someday. My favorite part was probably when she was talking to the Ogres to make them listen to her the same way they do make others listen to them. I think Ella was very smart and knew how to take care of herself without needed to be saved by a prince. The only thing I would change about this review would be to give some examples of her adventures or maybe tell about your favorite part of the book.